When the New Year comes, it gives people the sense of a fresh start. The chance to make a whole year better than the last is a great feeling. While most people make resolutions to lose weight, eat better, get more sleep, or save more money, we think you should also make a goal to keep your house more organized. When everything is in its place and easy to clean in your home, other parts of your life can easily follow and get organized as well. Your home is the focal point of your life, and you should start there to create a more positive wave throughout other parts of your life.
Starting with the kitchen.
While the home is the center point of anyone’s life, that kitchen somehow always ends up being the center point of that home.
- Start by cleaning out your pantry and refrigerator, get rid of any expired food, any food that you don’t want to eat because it is bad for you, etc.
- See how many of your counter appliances can fit in to a drawer. At least the ones you don’t use every single day. Keeping your counters clean will instantly make a kitchen look cleaner.
- Throw out any kitchen items you forgot you had. There is a reason you forgot about it, and that is you don’t use it enough.
- Use clear containers to store items.
Next is the Bedroom.
This is also a very important part of your home. You need to be able to relax when you walk in your room, not stress about all of your stuff everywhere.
- The closet is most people’s trouble spot. Start turning all of your hangars backwards. After you wear an item put it back hanging the right way. If after 6months you have not moved certain items, get rid of them.
- Plastic containers are my favorite thing in the world. Its scary how excited I get walking into a container store. Utilize your space under your bed for shoes, boxes, etc. but keep it organized with storage bins.
- Always make your bed even if the rest of your room is dirty. Having a bed made changes the entire dynamic of the room. And maybe if you do that you’ll feel a little motivated to clean the rest of your room!
- Add a bench or chest to your room that opens to provide a lot of extra storage space.
- Two words; Floating Shelves.
Lastly, the always-messy bathroom.
Between products, hair, toothpaste, and bobby pins, a bathroom seems to get messy faster than any other place in the room.
- Always keep cleaning supplies under your sink for quick access to be able to clean your bathroom often. Things such as Windex, paper towels and soft scrub are good ideas for that.
- You can fit a lot more under your sink if you have the right plastic containers. Use plastic drawers to fill items and de-clutter for more room.
- Tired of seeing all of your beauty products spread all of the bathroom counter? Just like the picture below, add hanging baskets to the inside of your sink drawers to create more storage that is out of sight.
- Use cotton swabs and q-tips often? Add jars to your counter to fill as your decoration as well as clean storage.
These are just a few tips that were our favorites. What areas in your home get the messiest that you can’t seem to control? For more ideas visit our Pinterest board! http://www.pinterest.com/seldenstacoma/