Who doesn’t love a drive-in theater watching movies under the stars? How about a stay-in drive-in? Create your very own movie night right in your own backyard. How convenient is that?
A drive-in theater usually consists of a large outdoor movie screen, a projection booth, a concession stand and a large parking area for automobiles. You won’t need the parking but you’ll need some seating. Here are 5 things that will be sure to make your movie night an “award winner”.
- MOVIE SCREEN. You can go full on DIY and use a drop cloth tacked to the side of a building or hang it between trees. Go all out and purchase or rent a professional outdoor screen; they even come inflatable!
- PROJECTOR AND SPEAKERS. There are plenty of options to choose from; you can rent or buy or even make your own. Take a look at some of the DIY projectors made with Smartphones on our Pinterest page. https://www.pinterest.com/seldensdesign/the-stay-in-drive-in-backyard-movie-night/
- CONCESSIONS. What’s a drive-in movie without the concession stand and the smell of freshly popped corn? Try some easy to make grab and go snacks like cotton candy cones or a selection of candy.
- SEATING. You can use folding chairs, outdoor furniture, a futon, pillows, or blankets. You can even make a seat out of an inner tube and fabric!
- THE MOVIE. At the end of the day it’s all about the movie; pick a good one!
For more ideas and information visit our Pinterest board https://www.pinterest.com/seldensdesign/the-stay-in-drive-in-backyard-movie-night/